Thursday 30 November 2017

Analytical reflection on oral presentation

Personally, I am aware that presentation is not my forte. There is a tendency I get nervous during a presentation and I might forget my train of thoughts throughout my presentation. This will affect my confidence and a possibility of transmitting a poor delivery of contents or ideas to my audience.

With the guidance of my professor, I can find ways to present my ideas more coherently. The objective in which my team wants to achieve is not to bore the audience with too many technical terms and able to catch their attention by conveying our ideas. It is important to understand your presentation content beforehand so that the ideas will be fresh in our mind. Before the actual presentation, I meet up with my groupmates to rehearse repeatedly so that we will be able to present our ideas in a coherent manner. That being said, I was able to maintain a good pace during my presentation.  However, there were certain parts where I stutter as I wasn’t able to recall my lines. There was a moment, I felt that I was going too fast but I was able to regain my composure.

In overall, I felt that our team was confident in projecting ourselves during the presentation. Each of us has their own strength and style in presenting. However, there are much more improvements that can be made such as improvising our way of pitching in a captivating manner. I felt that I did averagely well for the presentation, however, there is always room for improvements. After receiving feedback from my peers and professor, I am able to identify my flaws and improve on them. In the future presentations, I feel that I can improve my facial expression, tone as well as eye contact.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this reflection on your OP experience, and I was happy to see you take in so much feedback. Good luck on your next presentation!

    ReplyDelete