Thursday 30 November 2017

Critical reflection on SIE 2016 Effective Communications

Looking back at my learning journey at SIE2016 Effective Communication, I am sure that it has been a meaningful experience filled with lots of different exposure. I felt that communication takes place almost any time in our life. To have the ability to communicate effectively not only comes from experience but also through learning on the basis of this communication course. After attending in midst of the module lessons on verbal and non-verbal communications skills, I realized that communication is more than just a simple communication.

Throughout this course of study, we were tasked to set up a blog and be given different assignments weekly. As we progress through our blog posts, our classmates would exchange feedbacks and points out the positive and negative aspects of each assignment. Having such a feedback system, allows us to widen our vocabularies and be exposed to different writing structures. The greatest takeaway from this learning basis is that I can recognize the mistakes that I made and be able to work on my weaker parts.

Apart from that, I can hone my writing skills and understand how communication skills can benefit me. I was able to pick up informative tips on presentation skills, such as the Monroe persuasive speech and Garr Reynolds presentation tips to better prepare for my presentation. There are other written skills which I had learned along the way, such as the seven C’s in communication. However, there are much more areas of improvement which I will need to work on, such as my grammar and sentence structure, in addition to expanding my vocabulary knowledge. Communication skills do not stop here once this course is over, in fact, it is just the beginning of the end and there are much more to be learned as we continue using communication skills to enhance our development. This course had taught me the importance of communication and prepared me for the near future. In overall, it had been a great learning journey with my peers and professor.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks very much for the comprehensive review. You cover many bases here, including verbal and nonverbal, which we addressed mainly in terms of the OP. You're correct in also stating that your comm skills learning doesn't stop (and didn't start)here.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete